HD Ratings: Fantastic Beasts Beat Furry Beasts

TVNZ 1’s Dynasties was dethroned on Sunday when it was out-rated by TVNZ 2’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Three’s Married at First Sight Australia.

Fantastic Beasts dominated in the 18-39 demographic and MAFS with 25-54s and household shoppers with kids; both see-sawed in the 18-49 and 18-54 demos.

Overall, Fantastic Beasts averaged 5.2% of 25-54s and 4.3% of 18-49s, compared to MAFS’ 6.0% and 4.4%.

TVNZ 2’s relatively obscure lead-out from Fantastic Beasts, How to be Single, obliterated the competition: TVNZ 1’s season premiere of Victoria and Three’s free-to-air premiere of Ghost in the Shell.

It started midway through both, to average 3.0% of 25-54s and 2.9% of 18-49s.

Victoria could muster only 1.8% and 1.2% respectively of these demos, and Ghost in the Shell, 1.9% and 1.2%.

Meanwhile, dumping SEAL Team for Burma With Simon Reeve failed to improve Prime’s 8.30 ratings: it averaged only 0.2% of 25-54s compared to 0.6% for the previous week’s SEAL Team.

Three’s America’s Got Talent: The Champions dominated Saturday’s FTA ratings, which took a big hit from Sky Sports’ Super Rugby coverage, while the biggest crowdpleasers on Friday were TVNZ 2’s Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit and Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation.

SA2 out-rated Three’s Graham Norton Show in all the core commercial demos and even 7 Days self-destructed opposite M:I, winning only one of its three quarter-hour segments in the 25-54 and 18-49 demos.

Today, MediaWorks reported MAFS had become not only the most watched reality show of 2019 in the 25-54 demos but also the most watched show of last week, attracting an average viewership of 134,900 across Three and Three +1.

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

One Response to “HD Ratings: Fantastic Beasts Beat Furry Beasts”

  1. If Sunday night’s FTA channels had 15% viewership, what were the other 85% of households watching or doing? Early season premieres (and movie premieres) should be doing better than that, shouldn’t they? Or does TVNZ, given its AMAZING return on capital, need to make bigger bets, as KK stated to the Select Committee?

Leave a Reply