HD Ratings: TV3 Averts Catastrophe With Crisis
Crisis improved in its second week for TV3 but Tuesday’s episode still rated poorly and even was beaten by lead-out Hawaii Five-O in some key demographics.
Even if the conspiracy thriller wasn’t such a dire drama, it would still be a hard sell given it’s up against the tail end of TV2’s top-rating My Kitchen Rules.
The latter averaged 13.4% – 20.6% off the major demos on Tuesday, which meant TV3’s Grand Designs Australia could deliver Crisis a lead-in of only 2.2% – 5.2% (only among household shoppers with kids did it top 3.0%).
Crisis went on to average 2.6% – 3.7%, which at least was up on the premiere’s 1.3% – 3.8%, and the audience it did attract largely stayed with it over the hour.
But it finished well behind TV2’s Mom (8.1% – 11.6%) and Two and a Half Men (5.3% – 8.4%) and the first hour of TV One’s Britain’s Got Talent (3.9% – 5.4%).
Hawaii Five-O, at 9.30, averaged 2.5% – 4.4%, which made it more popular than Crisis in the 18-49 and HHS/k demos while the two were largely even in the 18-39 and 25-54 stakes.
Five-O, in its first Tuesday airing since rebuilding an audience for most of the year on Sunday nights, out-rated TV2’s Revenge (1.9% – 5.8%) in the younger demos but not adults 25-54 and HHS/k.
However, the second hour of BGT (4.3% – 5.4%) won the hour with 18-39 and 18-49 year-olds and beat Five-O in all the key demos.
Tuesday’s peak-hour HD channel ratings and shares were:
- A18-49: TV One, 6.7 rating/22.5 share; TV2, 9.5 rating/32.2 share; TV3, 4.0 rating/13.4 share
- A18-39: TV One, 5.5 rating/19.7 share; TV2, 9.2 rating/33.2 share; TV3, 4.1 rating/14.6 share
- A25-54: TV One, 8.1 rating/25.4 share; TV2, 9.8 rating/30.8 share; TV3, 4.6 rating/14.5 share
- HHS/k: TV One, 8.5 rating/22.3 share; TV2, 13.5 rating/35.6 share; TV3, 6.3 rating/16.5 share.
On Monday, the final of The Widower averaged 4.5% – 9.8% to largely finish third against MKR (13.3%- 18.1%) and TV3’s repeat of X-Men: The Last Stand (5.5% – 6.8%).
TV2 bookended MKR with an hour-long winter episode of Shortland Street (14.9% – 21.1%) and Grey’s Anatomy (4.2% – 7.5%), which is starting to build after a slow start.
While it mostly lost the 9.30 hour to the second half of X-Men, it easily out-rated TV One’s Intelligence (2.3% – 5.0%).
Monday’s peak-hour HD channel ratings and shares were:
- A18-49: TV One, 6.1 rating/20.0 share; TV2, 10.9 rating/35.4 share; TV3, 6.0 rating/19.7 share
- A18-39: TV One, 5.4 rating/17.3 share; TV2, 10.9 rating/35.3 share; TV3, 6.7 rating/21.7 share
- A25-54: TV One, 7.5 rating/23.2 share; TV2, 10.4 rating/32.0 share; TV3, 7.0 rating/21.5 share
- HHS/k: TV One, 8.6 rating/23.4 share; TV2, 14.8 rating/40.2 share; TV3, 7.0 rating/19.0 share.